Cyber Monday is a term used to describe the first Monday after American thanksgiving. The day was created in 2005 as a marketing vehicle to encourage consumers to purchase their holiday shopping on the internet. In the past 3 years online shopping on Cyber Monday has increased exponentially. It is estimated that 1.2 billion dollars was spent on the date last year.
This year Cyber Monday falls on November 26th, 2012.
Although Cyber Monday started out in the United States of America, it has spread to other countries, including Canada, the United Kingdom and Australia. According to the Wikipedia page, it is estimated that 80% of Canadians made holiday purchases during the promotions.
- Amazon.ca Black Friday Week Deals - Day 4
- Black Friday at Amazon.ca - Day 3
- Amazon.ca Black Friday Sales - Day 1
- Amazon.ca – A ‘Jungle’ of Deals on Black Friday & Cyber Monday
- Amazon.ca – Getting the Best of Cyber Monday
- Cyber Monday Deals at Amazon.ca - What can we expect?
Future Shop Deals